© Provided by Daily MailMailOnline logo
Cooking programmes are a staple on TV screens, and now ITV is set to stir the pot with a brand now show.
Denise Van Outen, Shirley Ballas and comedian Johnny Vegas are just some of the big names who will feature in new show, Cooking With The Stars.
The programme, hosted by Emma Willis and Tom Allen, will see eight celebrities paired up with professional chefs in the hope that their kitchen skills will be elevated to restaurant level. © Provided by Daily MailCooking With The Stars! Celebrities including Denise Van Outen (pictured), Shirley Ballas and Johnny Vegas have been named among those seeking to sharpen their kitchen skills by pairing up with professional chefs in new ITV culinary show
© Provided by Daily MailAmateur chef: Shirley Ballas (pictured) is one of the celebs named in the line-up for the upcoming series, which will see household names paired up with professional cooks
Throughout the series the celebrities will face a number of cooking battles against each other - with the celebrity chefs ranking the dishes produced.
Each episode, the celebs who produced the two weakest dishes will then be placed into an elimination round - with the pro chefs than judging the food blindly.
The full list of celebrities set to feature on the show, which is being produced in partnership with Marks & Spencer and South Shore, includes: Denise Van Outen, Shirley Ballas, Johnny Vegas, comedian Griff Rhys-Jones, DJ Naughty Boy, actress Catherine Tyldesley, McFly's Harry Judd and TV presenter AJ Odudu.
While the glittering list of professional chefs include: Rosemary Shrager, Nisha Katona, Joseph Denison Carey, Mark Sargeant, Jack Stein, Judy Joo, Tristan Welch and Francesco Mazzei. © Provided by Daily MailPresenters: Comedian Tom Allen and Emma Willis were announced as the presenters of ITV's new cooking show
© Provided by Daily MailEmma Willis will host the cooking show alongside comedian Tom Allen later this year
ITV is without two of its major shows this year, The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent, after filming had to be postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The X Factor was halted in 2020 when coronavirus hit, rendering it impossible to produce the show, which involves mass gatherings for open public auditions.
And the show's longtime host Dermot O'Leary dashed fans' hopes of the show returning in 2021 when he revealed he's 'no idea' when the series will resume.
The presenter, 47, revealed he thinks it will be 2022 at the earliest during an appearance on Sunday Brunch in December. © Provided by Daily MailCook-off: Each episode, the celebs who produced the two weakest dishes will then be placed into an elimination round - with the pro chefs than judging the food blindly. Pictured: Comedian Johnny Vegas, who will appear in the show
Asked whether he has spoken about it to show boss Simon Cowell Dermot said: 'We've been in touch.'
Simon, 61, is recovering after undergoing surgery after breaking his back in a terrifying electric bike accident back in August.
His injuries saw him sit out of the resumed 2020 series of Britain's Got Talent after it returned following England's first lockdown.
And in January it was revealed that Britain's Got Talent 2021 has been cancelled as the ongoing pandemic continues to wreak havoc. © Provided by Daily MailNew show: ITV is set to launch show Cooking With The Stars after The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent were postponed amid the pandemic (The X Factor judges and host pictured in 2017)
The hit ITV talent show had already been postponed due to safety concerns and the restrictions brought about by tier systems and lockdowns.
But after several weeks of speculation, it was confirmed that the show will now not return to screens until 2022.
Bosses of the show said that despite the efforts of the teams at ITV, Thames and head judge Simon Cowell's Syco, they were forced to call plans off.
They said: 'With our absolute priority of safeguarding the well-being and health of every person involved in the programme from judges, hosts and contestants to all of the crew and audience, the decision has been made to - unfortunately - move the record and broadcast of the 15th series of Britain's Got Talent to 2022.
'BGT is known for its diversity of talent with big dance groups, wonderful choirs and lavish orchestras at its heart, and it has become clear that not only is it not possible to film auditions with these types of acts in a secure way but also that they are not able to adequately rehearse and prepare safely.
'Safety has to come first and, as a result, the recording of the show can't currently go ahead as planned.' © Provided by Daily MailCancelled: Britain's Got Talent 2021 was cancelled amid the COVID-19 pandemic (pictured judges David Walliams, Amanda Holden, Simon Cowell and Alesha Dixon)