© Rise Gardens4 smart indoor gardens to automate your green thumb
- Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed's editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Follow all of Reviewed's CES coverage
as it happens. To get a sneak peek at the latest product trends delivered straight to your phone, sign up for text message alerts
Indoor smart gardens are one of the hottest home trends we've seen at this year's all-digital CES, giving enthusiastic gardeners a chance to automate their green thumb. With the help of smart sensors and digital assistants, growing your own delectable garden can easily be done in the comfort of your own home. Here are some of the best indoor smart gardens from CES 2021.
1. Gardyn © GardynGardyn's in-app smart assistant, Kelby, will let you know when your plants need a little TLC, or when they're ready to harvest.
Gardyn is an indoor gardening device outfitted with AI-technology to help you grow fresh produce (no green thumb required). The vertical indoor garden includes a base and three columns where the seed pods, called "yCubes," are placed. The pod-like seed cubes can be ordered from the Gardyn app. Once delivered, Kelby, Gardyn's in-app smart assistant, will notify you when the plants need water, sunlight, and when it's time to harvest your produce. There's also a six-gallon water reservoir and a pump built into the base that is responsible for watering the seeds, as well as two LED grow lights that mimic the sun for optimal growth.
2. Rise Gardens Personal Garden © Rise GardensThe Personal Rise Garden only takes up 18 inches of space, making it an ideal countertop accessory.
Rise Gardens' new Personal Garden is perfect for small spaces like countertops and shelves. The compact smart garden can grow four large plants, eight medium-sized plants, or 12 small plants. From herbs and flowers to tomatoes, chives, peppers, and kale, the mini indoor garden uses state-of-the-art lights and a built-in watering system. Touting compatibility with Amazon Alexa, you can ask the world's most popular voice assistant for plant care and harvesting tips. She can also water your plants and provide "sunlight" via voice commands, making it easy to watch your garden grow. The garden retails for $279 and is available for purchase now.
3. New Garden Co. Ultron Smart AI Gardening system © New Garden Co.The Ultron Smart AI Gardener comes with smart lighting, a watering system, and several connected sensors to monitor your plants.
New Garden Co.'s Ultron Smart AI Gardening system is a self-caring plant container that uses an AI-based agriculture platform and app to monitor the health and growth of your plants. The planter, which can grow up to eight different plants at a time, comes with built-in smart lights, a watering system, and several connected sensors to fully automate the growth of your fruits and veggies. The Ultron Smart AI Gardening system is currently in the crowdfunding phase and was not available for purchase at the time of publication.
4. Gardenstuff ELIoT Vertical Garden © GardenstuffThe Gardenstuff ELIoT IoT Vertical Garden recommends plants, monitors their health, and offers expert tips on how to care for them.
The ELIoT Vertical Garden by Gardenstuff is the most attractive smart garden we've seen, but unlike the others, there's no artificial lighting or a built-in watering system. Inspired by Italian style and made from 100% recyclable materials, the compact vertical garden, which can be hung on the wall, uses sensors to monitor the environment inside of your home. Using that data, the ELIoT app makes recommendations about how to care for your budding plants.
The product experts at Reviewed have all your shopping needs covered. Follow Reviewed on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest deals, product reviews, and more.
Prices were accurate at the time this article was published but may change over time.