Daily Mail

The Voice judge Guy Sebastian hints he'll return to the show

Daily Mail logo Daily Mail 18/10/2020 23:19:55 Jabeen Waheed For Daily Mail Australia
Guy Sebastian, Delta Goodrem posing for the camera: MailOnline logo © Provided by Daily MailMailOnline logo

Speculation about an all-new judging panel has been rife ever since Channel Seven acquired the rights to The Voice from Channel Nine.

However, Guy Sebastian has revealed that he and his fellow judge Delta Goodrem are 'in talks' to stay on as celebrity coaches on the singing series.

'I've had a conversation [with Seven], as has Delta,' the 38-year-old said. 'Obviously they're going to talk to the existing coaches and tell them what their plans are.' 

Guy Sebastian standing on a stage: 'We've had conversations': The Voice's Guy Sebastian (pictured) has revealed that he and his fellow judge Delta Goodrem are 'in talks' to stay on as celebrity coaches © Provided by Daily Mail'We've had conversations': The Voice's Guy Sebastian (pictured) has revealed that he and his fellow judge Delta Goodrem are 'in talks' to stay on as celebrity coaches

Guy, who debuted as a coach on the 2019 season, also told New Idea that The Voice is a 'wonderful show to be involved in'.

While the judging panel has yet to be confirmed, the Battle Scars hitmaker said he hopes the next series will 'concentrate on talent and feel-good entertainment. I don't think there needs to be constant drama.'

Meanwhile, it appears unlikely that international judges Boy George and Kelly Rowland will return for the 2021 season of The Voice.

Last week, Boy George tweeted that he had 'kindly' agreed to a pay cut from Channel Nine in order to secure a spot on the coaching panel in 2021.

Delta Goodrem sitting on a table: In talks: 'I've had a conversation [with Channel Seven], as has Delta (pictured). Obviously they're going to talk to the existing coaches and tell them what their plans are,' said Guy © Provided by Daily MailIn talks: 'I've had a conversation [with Channel Seven], as has Delta (pictured). Obviously they're going to talk to the existing coaches and tell them what their plans are,' said Guy Guy Sebastian looking at the camera: Loves the format: Guy, who debuted as a coach in 2019, said The Voice is a 'wonderful show' © Provided by Daily MailLoves the format: Guy, who debuted as a coach in 2019, said The Voice is a 'wonderful show'

'Truth is, I kindly took a pay cut from @TheVoiceAU because of the corona. I am also decent, and they agreed to have me next season,' the British singer tweeted.

'If I had known they would swap networks I still would have taken a financial hit because I'm decent and I never burn bridges!'

The Culture Club star did not confirm or deny whether he'll return to the franchise.

It comes just weeks after George hit back at New Idea for claiming that he and Kelly Rowland had been dumped from The Voice and replaced by local judges.

Guy Sebastian, Kelly Rowland, Boy George, Delta Goodrem sitting at a table with food: Up in the air: Meanwhile, it appears unlikely that international judges Boy George (centre right) and Kelly Rowland (centre left) will return to the 2021 season of The Voice © Provided by Daily MailUp in the air: Meanwhile, it appears unlikely that international judges Boy George (centre right) and Kelly Rowland (centre left) will return to the 2021 season of The Voice a person posing for the camera: Staying or going? Last week, Boy George tweeted that he had 'kindly' agreed to a pay cut from Channel Nine in order to secure a spot on the coaching panel in 2021 © Provided by Daily MailStaying or going? Last week, Boy George tweeted that he had 'kindly' agreed to a pay cut from Channel Nine in order to secure a spot on the coaching panel in 2021

'I've never been "dumped" by a network,' he tweeted on September 3. 'They can't afford me, darling!' 

After a concerned fan told George to 'hang in there', he sarcastically shot back: 'Yeah I'm down to my last jar of metaphorical caviar. Can I move into your spare bedroom?'

After Nine failed to renew its contract for the 2021 season of The Voice, Channel Seven jumped on the licence very quickly.

Seven CEO James Warburton has big changes in mind for the show, including cutting the number of episodes and having a tighter production schedule.

text: George's statement: 'I kindly took a pay cut from @TheVoiceAU because of the corona. I am also decent, and they agreed to have me next season. If I had known they would swap networks I still would have taken a financial hit because I'm decent and I never burn bridges!' © Provided by Daily MailGeorge's statement: 'I kindly took a pay cut from @TheVoiceAU because of the corona. I am also decent, and they agreed to have me next season. If I had known they would swap networks I still would have taken a financial hit because I'm decent and I never burn bridges!' Boy George wearing a military uniform: Defiant: It comes just weeks after George hit back at New Idea for claiming that he and Kelly Rowland (left) had been dumped from The Voice and replaced by local judges © Provided by Daily MailDefiant: It comes just weeks after George hit back at New Idea for claiming that he and Kelly Rowland (left) had been dumped from The Voice and replaced by local judges

'We have a whole new more efficient and cost-effective streamlined production and roll-out schedule which will concentrate the format over less episodes and shoot over a much shorter time frame,' Mr Warburton said.

Darren McMullen and Renee Bargh, who presented the 2020 season, won't be returning next year.

The only confirmed talent is Sonia Kruger, who previously hosted the singing show on Nine and will front the 2021 series now she's signed to Seven

Kelly Rowland, Guy Sebastian, Renee Bargh, Darren McMullen posing for a photo: Changing hands: After Nine failed to renew its contract for the 2021 season of The Voice, Channel Seven jumped on the licence very quickly. Pictured (L-R): Kelly Rowland, Guy Sebastian, Delta Goodrem, Boy George, Renee Bargh and Darren McMullen © Provided by Daily MailChanging hands: After Nine failed to renew its contract for the 2021 season of The Voice, Channel Seven jumped on the licence very quickly. Pictured (L-R): Kelly Rowland, Guy Sebastian, Delta Goodrem, Boy George, Renee Bargh and Darren McMullen Read more
19. lokakuuta 2020 2:19:55 Categories: Daily Mail

ShareButton
ShareButton
ShareButton
  • RSS
Suomi sisu kantaa
NorpaNet Beta 1.1.0.41819 - Firebird 3.0 WI-V6.3.6.33265

TetraSys Oy.

TetraSys Oy.